Maui Police Town Hall Meetings Begin
The Maui Police Department will host the first in a series of Town Hall meetings tonight in Pukalani to address problems in the community and the direction of the new administration.Â Tonight’s meeting runs from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center in Pukalani.
Maui Police Chief Gary Yabuta and Deputy Chief Clayton Tom will be hosting Town Meetings throughout various communities in Maui County.Â Their talks will focus on the challenges that face the County of Maui and working with the community to address their concerns.Â Some of the topics that will be covered will be the department’s agenda in dealing with the following issues.
- Dealing with Critical Incidents
- Reducing crime
- Providing highway and roadway safety through efficient enforcement
- Crime prevention and curtailing drug activity.
The dates, times and locations of each meeting are as follows:
- Hannibal Tavares Up-country Community Center, Pukalani, Maui.Â September 30, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Mitchell Pauole Center, Kaunakakai, Molokai.Â October 14, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Helene Hall Center, Hana, Maui.Â October 19, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Kihei Community Center, Kihei, Maui.Â October 22, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Lahaina Civic Center, Lahaina, Maui.Â October 26, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Velma Santos Wailuku Community Center, Wailuku, Maui. November 3, 2009, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Lanai Community Center, Lanai, Maui.Â November 5, 2009, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
(Posted by Wendy Osher; Information provided by the Maui Police Department)