Applications being accepted for Maui County Boards, Councils, Commissions and Committees
Applications are now being accepted for a total of 60 vacant seats on various Boards, Councils, Commissions and Committees. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, December 15, 2010.
The vacancies were created due to expiring terms. Responsibilities include hearing public testimony, reviewing policies and standards and making recommendations.
Positions are appointed by Maui Mayor Charmaine Tavares, confirmed by the County Council, and have terms lasting two to five years.
“Each one of our boards, committees and commissions demonstrate how government and citizens work together to the benefit of our community,” said Mayor Tavares. “Every year, more than 250 citizens participate, each bringing their unique perspective, talents and life experiences. Their efforts and commitment to serving our community in this way are commendable and appreciated.”
Applications are available online at www.mauicounty.gov (click on the Boards and Commissions box on the lower right) and at the following locations: the Information Booth (Lobby level) and Office of the Mayor (9th floor) of the Kalana O Maui (County) Building at 200 S. High Street, Wailuku; all public libraries; County Council Services Offices in Hana and on Molokai and Lanai; and at Parks and Recreation Permit Offices in Wailuku at the War Memorial Gym, in Makawao at the Eddie Tam Gym, in Lahaina at the Lahaina Civic Center, in Kihei at the Kihei Community Center, in Hana at the Hana Community Center, on Molokai at the Mitchell Pauole Center, and on Lanai at the County Gym.
Applications may be mailed by Wednesday, December 15, 2010 to: Mayor Charmaine Tavares, County of Maui, 200 South High Street, Ninth Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793, or faxed to (808) 270-7870. Applications will also be accepted throughout the year to fill vacancies that arise due to
Applications are being accepted for:
● Affirmative Action Advisory Council
● Board of Code Appeals
● Board of Ethics
● Board of Variances and Appeals
● Civil Service Commission
● Commission on Children and Youth
● Commission on Culture and the Arts
● Commission on Naming Streets, Parks and Facilities
● Commission on Persons with Disabilities
● Committee on the Status of Women
● Cost of Government Commission
● Council on Aging
● Cultural Resources Commission
● Fire and Safety Commission
● Hana Advisory Committee
● Kula Agricultural Park Committee
● Lanai Planning Commission
● Liquor Control Adjudication Board
● Liquor Control Commission
● Maui County Arborist Committee
● Maui County Grants Review Committee
● Maui Planning Commission
● Maui Redevelopment Agency
● Molokai Planning Commission
● Outdoor Lighting Standards Committee
● Police Commission
● Real Property Tax Review Board
● Salary Commission
● Subdivision Engineering Standards Committee
● Traffic Safety Council
● Urban Design Review Board
For more information, call the Office of the Mayor at (808) 270-7855 or visit www.mauicounty.gov.