MPD Town Hall meetings on Lanai and Molokai this week
The Maui Police Department holds a third in a series of town hall meetings today (Monday, November 15, 2010), this time on Lanai. The meeting runs from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Lanai High School Cafeteria.
Later this week, there will be a separate meeting on the island of Molokai on Wednesday at the Mitchel Pauole Community Center. The meetings are being held in the various districts of Maui through January and were introduced last year by the then-new administration of Maui Police Chief Gary Yabuta and Deputy Chief Clayton Tom, as a way to gather information from the public and work with individual communities to address challenges and concerns. Discussion will include crime rates, prevention and enforcement activities.
The new schedule of dates, times and locations of this year’s Town Hall meetings are as follows:
- Kihei Town Hall Meeting – District VI Monday, November 8, 2010 at the Kihei Community Center beginning at 6 p.m.
- Hana Town Hall Meeting – District III Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at Helene Hall from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Lanai Town Hall Meeting – District II Monday, November 15, 2010 at Lanai High School Cafeteria from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Molokai Town Hall Meeting – District V Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at the Mitchell Pauole Center beginning at 6 p.m.
- Upcountry Town Hall Meeting – District I Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at the Kula Community Center from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Wailuku Town Hall Meeting – District I Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at the Wailuku Community Center from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Lahaina meeting is TBA.
(Posted by Wendy Osher, supporting information courtesy MPD)