Lucky We Live Wailuku: First Friday March 4, 2011
By Wendy Osher
Lucky We Live Wailuku! That’s the theme along with going green for the March/Saint Patty’s Day edition of First Friday in Wailuku Town.
The event runs from 6-8:30 tonight, March 4, 2011 along Market Street in the heart of Old Wailuku Town.
The entertainment line up includes music up and down the street from:
- Gene & Shea Argel with live music fronting Cafe o Lei, 5 p.m.
- Phys Ed Rentals, Mauitime live band, 7 p.m.
- Visibly Shaken, at the Main Street Promenade, 6 p.m.
- Maui Blues Band at the Wailuku Banyan Tree Park, 6 p.m.
- Super Dub Tribe, live band at Maui Thing
There’s also a variety of other entertainment:
- Aloha Poetry Slam at Gallerie Ha, 8 p.m.
- Robotics Team Demo hosted by King Kekaulike High School students.
- Meow Mix: by Maui Onstage & the Maui Humane Society. Cost is $5 or a bag of cat food. Showings are at 7, 8, and 9 p.m.
- Swan Interiors, Featured artist Liluushka St. Amant.
- I Love Wailuku Video Contest: 2-3 minute video contest for high school students.
Plus, for food lovers, restaurants and vendors participating in the event include Gionattos Pizza, Main Street Bistro, Cafe o Lei, Saeng Thai, Maui Bake Shop, King’s BBQ, Uptown Chevron, Wailuku Coffee Co., Maui Cattle Co., Four Sisters Kitchen, and…
- Pork Lau Lau Bowls, ono Hawaiian food, and an ‘awa bar at Native Intelligence. Proceeds from the sale of $6 Lau Lau Bowls go to support the University of Hawaii Maui College 2nd year Hawaiian Language Students.
The event is free with FREE Parking at the Maui Medical Group from 5-9 pm. Event organizers ask that cars be cleared from Market Street during the event. Eat, laugh, and be lucky!