Budget Meetings Planned Across Maui County
By Wendy Osher
The Maui County Council’s Budget and Finance Committee will be accepting public testimony at a series of community meetings planned across the county over the next several weeks.
The first meeting will take place in Pukalani on March 30th, with the final meeting planned in Kahului on April 18th. The complete meeting schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 6 p.m. in Pukalani at the Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center
- Monday, April 4, 2011, 6 p.m. in Hana at Helene Social Hall
- Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 6 p.m. in S. Maui at the Kihei Community Center
- Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 6 p.m. on Molokai at the Mitchell Pauole Center
- Monday, April 11, 2011, 6 p.m. on Lanai at the Lanai Community Center
- Wednesday, April 13, 2011, 6 p.m. in West Maui at the Lahaina Civic Center
- Thursday, April 14, 2011, 6 p.m. in Paia at the Paia Community Center
- Monday, April 18, 2011, 6:30 p.m. in Central Maui at the Kahului Community Center
The committee will receive public testimony on the proposed FY 2012 Budget following the receipt last week of Mayor Alan Arakawa’s version of the budget document.
The Mayor’s proposal calls for an operating budget of $475.3 million and a capital program budget of $156.7 million.