Lahaina Fireworks and Front Street Food Fair July 4th
By Wendy Osher
The only public fireworks display on Maui this 4th of July takes place on a barge off of Front Street in Lahaina. In addition to fireworks, the 12th Annual event includes a new Front Street Food Fair with Maui merchants and entertainment.
The fireworks display, hosted by the Maui Chamber of Commerce, begins at 8 p.m. and can be viewed from Front Street, aboard charter boats, and throughout Lahaina Town.
The Front Street Food Fair, hosted by the Lahaina Town Action Committee, runs from 4 to 9 p.m. at Campbell Park, located between the Wharf and the Historic Baldwin House Museum. The idea was designed to serve the family and friends with picnic “to go items” for the holiday.
Live Entertainment begins at 4 p.m. with Hawaiian Island Music from Lahaina’s own 1810, followed by contemporary Hawaiian Reggae with Righteous Youth at 6 p.m., and halau entertainment with Na Kamali`I Nani O Lahaina at 7 p.m.
Maui merchants participating in the event are:
- Lahaina Canoe Club, hosting chili and rice bowls, Eisenberg Beef hotdogs, and chili dogs. The club will use a portion of proceeds to assist with their keiki division.
- Original Aloha Kettle Korn, Levi Decker will serve fresh kettle korn, lemonade, coconut water and coconut cut to order.
- Outrigger Pizza Company, Eric Mitchell will offer 10-inch personal pan pizzas with choice of toppings.
- Local Boys Shaved Ice, Malik will provide a variety rainbow shaved ice.
- Lahaina Town Action Committee will sell beverage concessions and 4th of July novelties.
The public is invited to stroll the streets of historic Lahaina town for the old-fashioned Independence Day celebration. Admission is free. For other fireworks related information on Maui this year, including rules and guidelines for fireworks use on Maui, visit our previous post entitled: No Firecracker Sales on Maui, Novelty Sale Starts June 29.