Willie K at Wailuku First Friday!
By Wendy Osher
Back by popular demand, Willie K. returns to Wailuku Town for the July 1, 2011 First Friday block party on Market Street.
The entertainment is part of the Wailuku First Friday event, and is in celebration of the 3rd anniversary of local retailer, Maui Thing.
Willie K. performed for the event in 2010, and returns to provide music for the store’s on-street fashion show. His performance is set to start at around 6 p.m. with the fashion show to follow.
Other entertainment includes:
- Olimon singing live reggae music at 6 p.m.
- Seabury Hall students, Ryan Glavor, Conner Snow and Jon Toda will perform at 6:30 p.m. at the Wailuku Banyan Tree Park
- Joel Katz Hawaiian Steel Guitar performs at 33 N. Market
- Gene and Shea Argel perform at Cafe O Lei sidewalk
- Jazz about town: Teri Garrison and Friends and The Usual Suspects perform at Main Street Bistro from 3:30 p.m.
The monthly event takes place on the first Friday of each month and includes entertainment and shopping, providing a unique mix of old and new. Participating retailers include If the Shoe Fits, Swan Interiors on Vineyard Street, Native Intelligence, Gallerie Ha, Exhale at Body Alive Yoga and Movement Studio on Main Street, and the Wailuku Rotary.
Restaurants and food vendors are: Gianottos Pizza, Main Street Bistro, Cafe O Lei, Saeng Thai, Maui Bake Shop, Kings BBQ, Uptown Chevron, Wailuku Coffee Company, and the Four Sisters Bakery.
Market Street will be closed at 5 p.m. for safety. Parking is available at the Wailuku municipal and the Maui Medical Group parking lots.