Maui’s Monkeypod Kitchen Celebrates Oktoberfest
By Wendy Osher
Maui’s Monkeypod Kitchen celebrates Oktoberfest with a special four-course dinner paired with hand-picked beer selections.
In order to make it extra special, reservations for the event are required, and the festivities are limited to 40 people. By Tuesday morning, there were just a few spots left.
The dinner runs from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and is $45 per person.
The menu includes:
- Amuse – Handcrafted pretzel with monkeypod kitchen mustard and roasted garlic dip
- 1st Course – German fresh mushroom soup with fresh thyme, emmenthaler crouton
- 2nd Course – woodfire roasted & chilled olinda Asparagus Salad, house made bacon, vine ripened tomato and Pilsener, shallot, mustard vinaigrette
- 3rd Course – Choice of: Mahi-Mahi schnitzel, lemon, caper and brown butter doppelbock sauce, with dilled new potato, fresh green beans and mac nuts; or Pizza oven roasted Kurobota pork, Maui onion pan gravy, kohlrabi puree, pepper roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 4th Course: German Chocolate Cream Pie with coconut porter caramel sauce
Oktoberfest is a beer festival that is held annually in Germany, and is a celebrated part of Bavarian culture since 1810. Similar events have surfaced around the world, and are modeled after the Munich event.