13 Vehicle Break-ins on Maui Jan. 1 to 7, 2012
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 13 vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between January 1 to 7, 2012.
There were two incidents each in Haiku, Maalaea, and Wailea. Incidents were also reported in: Kapalua, Kihei, Kula, Lahaina, Napili, Paia and Spreckelsville.
Types of vehicles involved in the various island incidents included: 2 Toyota Tacomas, 2 Honda Civics, and a variety of other vehicles.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Thursday, 1/5/12, 9:30 a.m.: Haiku Road. 2011 White Dodge four-door sedan.
- Thursday, 1/5/12, 4 p.m.: Kaupakalua Road near the Bamboo Forest and Hana Highway, around mile post 6. 2000 Green Toyota Tacoma.
- Sunday, 1/1/12, 4 p.m.: Kapalua Place at the Oneloa Beach public parking lot. 1999 Red Toyota Tacoma.
- Sunday, 1/1/12, 12 p.m.: Kauhale Street. 1997 White Honda Accord.
- Wednesday, 1/4/12, 12:23 a.m.: Lower Kula Road at Kula Hardware. 1993 White Chevy Van.
- Tuesday, 1/3/12, 11:25 a.m. Honoapiilani Highway at the Lahaina Cannery Mall. 2012 Silver Hyundai Sonata.
- Monday, 1/2/12, 1 p.m.: Honoapiilani Highway at the Scenic Lookout. 2010 Blue Volkswagen Van.
- Thursday, 1/5/12, 6 p.m.: North Kihei Road. 2005 Black Ford Focus.
- Monday, 1/2/12, 3:45 p.m.: Hui Drive. 2011 Gray Dodge Caravan.
- Sunday, 1/1/12, 2:45 p.m.: Paia Bay at Stable Road. 2005 Silver Chrysler Caravan.
- Tuesday, 1/3/12, 9:10 p.m.: Kealakai Place at Nonohe Place near Baby Beach. 2010 White Honda Civic.
- Sunday, 1/1/12, 7:30 p.m.: Makena Road at Big Beach. 1995 White Honda.
- Friday, 1/6/12, 4 p.m.: Makena Road at Maluaka Beach Park. 2010 Silver Ford Mustang.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.