8 Maui Burglaries Reported Jan. 29 to Feb. 4, 2012
By Wendy Osher
Maui police responded to 8 residential burglaries over a seven day period, between January 29 and February 4, 2012.
The incidents included two burglaries in Kahului, and one incident each in Haliimaile, Kula, Lanai, Napili, Paia, and Waiehu.
The complete list of locations affected and times in which the incidents occurred are as follows:
- Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 8 a.m.: Leie Street, unlawful entry.
- Sunday, January 29, 2012, 10 p.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at the Maui Beach Hotel, unlawful entry.
- Monday, January 30, 2012, 5 p.m.: Kuualoha Street, unlawful entry.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 5:30 p.m.: Lower Kimo Drive, unlawful entry.
- Sunday, January 29, 2012, 5 p.m.: Lanai Avenue, forced entry.
- Sunday, January 29, 2012, 10 a.m.: Papaua Place, unlawful entry.
- Monday, January 30, 2012, 10 a.m.: Loio Place, unlawful entry.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 12 a.m.: Hiahia Street, unlawful entry.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.