Hazmat Crews Respond to Wailea Gas Leak
By Maui Now Staff
Fire and Hazmat crews responded to a gas leak in Wailea yesterday at the Destination Resorts – Wailea Golf LLC building.
Emergency crews were called at 10:49 a.m., on Thursday, February 9, 2012, when a light odorless smoke filled the downstairs area of the building.
Representatives from the air conditioning company who were servicing units at the time, said the smoke was the result of oil that is mixed in the freon gas.
Air tests were conducted, and occupants were allowed to return to the building at 11:55 a.m.