7 Vehicle Break-ins on Maui April 22 to 28, 2012
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 7 vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between April 22 and 28, 2012.
The incidents included the break-in of vehicles in: Haiku, Kihei, Lahaina, Maalaea, Napili, Paia, and Wailuku.
The break-ins involved: (3) Dodge Chargers; (2) Fords – 1 Ranger, 1 Fussion; (1) Hyundai Accent; and (1) Nissan Maxima.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, April 22, 2012, 3:56 p.m.: Hana Highway at the Bamboo Forest Trail. 2009 Light Blue Hyundai Accent.
- Sunday, April 22, 2012, 3 p.m.: South Kihei Road at the Aston Maui Banyan Condos. 2010 White Dodge Charger.
- Saturday, April 28, 2012, 11:30 a.m.: Ala Moana Street at the Lahaina Jodo Mission. 2003 Silver Ford Ranger.
- Saturday, April 28, 2012, 3 p.m.: Hauoli Street at Lauloa. 2011 White Ford Fusion.
- Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 11 a.m.: Lower Honoapiilani Road at Papakea Resort. White Dodge Charger.
- Saturday, April 28, 2012, 2:30 p.m.: Hana Highway at the Paia Municipal parking lot. 2010 White Dodge Charger.
- Friday, April 27, 2012, 2 a.m.: Lower Main Street at the Nani Street Apartments. 1995 White Nissan Maxima.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.