2 Baldwin Athletes Among 2012 HHSAA Hall of Honor Inductees
By Wendy Osher
Two Baldwin High School athletes from Maui are among a dozen students selected as inductees to the 2012 Hawai’i High School Athletic Association Hall of Honor.
The list includes Baldwin’s Kristine Felix, who is on both the track and field, and tennis teams. Also among the inductees is Baldwin’s Pasoni Tasini, who competed in football, basketball, track and field, and volleyball.
The senior student-athletes were selected by a committee of current and former sports reporters, athletic directors and coaches from around the state. The criteria was based mainly on athletic achievement, but also taken into consideration were character, sportsmanship, academic record and community service.
Each inductee receives a $2,000 scholarship courtesy of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. They will also be honored during a June 3rd Banquet in Honolulu.
- Dawnyelle Awa, Konawaena (basketball, volleyball)
- Shane Brostek, Hawai’i Prep (football, track and field)
- DeForest Buckner, Punahou (football, basketball)
- Keiki Carlos, Mid-Pacific (softball)
- Lorens Chan, ‘Iolani (golf)
- Mindy Chow, Punahou (judo, wrestling)
- Kristine Felix, Baldwin (track and field, tennis)
- Benny Fonua, Kahuku (football, basketball)
- Lia Galdeira, Konawaena (basketball, track and field)
- Misty Ma’a, Kamehameha (volleyball)
- Mysha Sataraka, Punahou (softball, basketball)
- Pasoni Tasini, Baldwin (football, basketball, track and field, volleyball)
The HHSAA Hall of Honor, formerly known as the Nissan Hall of Honor, has been recognizing the top Hawai’i senior student-athletes each year since 1983.