MEO Sponsors Two Small Business Workshops
By Sonia Isotov
Maui Economic Opportunity’s Business Development Center (MEO BDC) will host two free workshops geared for small businesses and micro-enterprises on January 24.
The free workshops are being made available through a partnership between MEO BDC and the Office of Hawaiian Affairs, Solutions Pacific, and the Makana Foundation.
The “Basic QuickBooks” workshop runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and covers:
- Understanding the basics of using QuickBooks
- Use QuickBooks to simply manage your small business books
- Learn how to run financial reports from your program
Students should bring a QuickBooks program and laptop ready to download the software. To register for “Basic QuickBooks,” go online to http://qb012413.eventbrite.com.
The “Seminar: Small Business Tax Basics” runs from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and covers:
- Reviewing the different tax forms for self employment versus corporate filings
- Understanding the difference between sole proprietor, partnership, limited liability company (LLC) and S-corporation tax filings
- Reviewing filing dates for the above forms
- Addressing basic misnomers such as home office, car expense, etc.
To register for “Seminar: Small Business Tax Basics,” go online to http://tax012413.eventbrite.com.
Both workshops will be held at the Maui Economic Opportunity in Classroom 2 on 99 Mahalani St. in Wailuku next to the Cameron Center. For more information, please call (808) 564-3198.