9 Vehicle Thefts on Maui Jan. 6 to 12, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 9 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between January 6 and 12, 2013.
The cases include four incidents in Kihei, three incidents in Kahului, and two incidents in Lahaina.
At least five of the stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, 9 a.m.: North Puunene Avenue at Hideaway’s. 1995 Green Toyota Corolla. RECOVERED.
- Friday, January 11, 2013, 3 p.m.: Lanui Circle at the Kahului Airport. 2005 Silver Ford Escape. License#: LDE529. VIN#: 1FMFU15555LA49480.
- Saturday, January 12, 2013, 7 a.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at the Queen Kaahumanu Center parking lot. 2012 Black and Silver moped. RECOVERED.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, 1:20 p.m.: Luakaha Circle. 2011 Yellow moped. RECOVERED.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, 1:30 p.m.: Black Yamaha moped. VIN#: JYA3ESA03KA003654.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, 1:20 p.m.: Luakaha Circle. Moped. RECOVERED.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, 1:30 p.m.: Luakaha Circle. Blue moped. VIN#: L5YACBPA181208747.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2013, 5:11 a.m.: Lahainaluna Road at the Shell Gas Station. 2005 Black Ford F150. License#: MMR227. VIN#: 1FTRF04545KB65640.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2013, 5:30 p.m.: Mala Wharf Road fronting the picnic tables. 1985 Gray and Black Chevy Silverado. RECOVERED.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.