Maui News

Overloaded Circuit Sparks Waiehu Home Fire

January 30, 2013, 8:14 AM HST
* Updated January 30, 9:20 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00
A
A
A

File photo, by Wendy Osher.

File photo, by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

Fire officials determined that an overloaded circuit was the cause of a home fire in Waiehu on Tuesday night.

Fire crews from Wailuku and Kahului were dispatched at 9:01 p.m. to the home located at 606 Kaae Road.

The fire was contained to a single room and caused an estimated $1,000 in damage before it was extinguished at 10:32 p.m, said Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga.

Fire personnel arrived on scene to find neighbors utilizing a garden hose to douse the fire. Fire crews continued extinguishment and ventilated the home upon arrival.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

No injuries were reported.

Make the most of your Maui vacation with these top-rated activities: Maui Top 20: Maui Visitor & Tourism Information
E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments