Maui News

Fire at Kahului Business Causes $1,000 Damage

February 18, 2013, 11:00 AM HST
* Updated February 18, 11:02 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00
A
A
A

File photo by Wendy Osher.

File photo by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

A fire at a business in Kahului resulted in an estimated $1,000 in damage over the weekend.

The incident in was reported at 2:36 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013 in the kitchen area of Mikey’s Place, located at 350 Ho’ohana Street.

Upon arrival, crews from Engine-10 and Hazmat-10 were informed by an employee that the fire was put out using a portable fire extinguisher in addition to the sprinkler system that was activated.

Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga said the cause of the fire was accidental and was contained to the kitchen area.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

No injuries were reported.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments