TripAdvisor Travelers Choose Ka`anapali “Best US Beach”
By Sonia Isotov
Ka`anapali Beach was named the best beach in the US by TripAdvisor, one of the largest travel websites, who named the winners of its 2013 Traveler’s Choice Beaches Award this week.
Four Hawaii beaches made the top 10 list including Lanikai Beach (Kailua, Hawaii Island), Wailea Beach (Maui) and Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve (Honolulu, Oahu).
Rabbit Beach in Lampedusa, Italy was named that best beach in the world.
Top 10 Beaches in the US:
1. Ka`anapali Beach, Lahaina, Hawaii
2. Siesta Key Public Beach, Sarasota, Florida
3. Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola, Florida
4. Fort De Soto Park, Tierra Verde, Florida
5. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach, Wailea, Hawaii
7. Assateague Beach, Assateague Island, Virginia
8. La Jolla Cove, La Jolla, California
9. Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach, California
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Honolulu, Hawaii
Based on “feedback from millions of TripAdvisor travelers,” says the company, 276 winning beaches were named around the world.
The Travelers’ Choice Beaches Awards are based on the quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor gathered over a 12-month period since the 2012 awards.