8 Vehicle Thefts on Maui June 30 to July 6, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 8 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between June 30 and July 6, 2013.
The cases include (4) incidents in Kīhei, (1) Nāpili, (1) Pāʻia, and (2) in Wailea.
Two of the eight stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, June 30, 2013, 2:30 p.m.: Kaiʻau Place at Charlie Young Beach. 2000 Maroon Chevy. RECOVERED.
- Thursday, July 4, 2013, 3 p.m.: West Waipuʻilani Road. 2002 Burgundy Harley Davidson motorcycle. License: VNV354. VIN: 4EMRW2C292N129007.
- Friday, July 5, 2013, 4 p.m.: South Kīhei Road at the Mana Kai Maui. 2010 Yellow and black Honda motorcycle.
- Sunday, June 30, 2013, 10 p.m.: South Kīhei Road at the Waipuʻilani Apartments. 2012 Black and sliver Kaitong motorcycle/moped. License: M78039. VIN: LYDTCBPC6C1501511.
- Friday, July 5, 2013, 4:45 a.m.: Nāpilihau Street at the Nāpili Plaza Market. 1998 White Ford Taurus. 1998 White Ford Taurus. License: MED330. VIN: 1FAFP52UXWG223431.
- Saturday, July 6, 2013, 1:03 p.m.: Hāna Highway at Minit Stop in Pāʻia. 2011 Red and Silver moped. VIN: LJLTCBHN4B3E52251.
- Sunday, June 30, 2013, 6:58 p.m.: Mākena Road at “Big Beach”. 2005 Silver Subaru Impreza. RECOVERED.
- Saturday, July 6, 2013, 12:05 a.m.: Kai Malu Place. Green and white special golf cart. VIN: RG0639686962.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.