5 Vehicle Thefts on Maui July 21 to 27, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of five vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between July 21 and 27, 2013.
The cases include (1) incident in Kīhei, (1) Lahaina, (1) Nāpili, (1) Wailea, and (1) in Wailuku.
One of the five stolen vehicles has since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Saturday, July 27, 2013, 5 p.m.: Waiohuli Street parking lot. 1998 White and Blue Yamaha motorbike. License: 898MVM. VIN: JYA3NVE01WA045466.
- Thursday, July 25, 2013, 4 p.m.: Pāpalaua Street at the Old Lahaina Center. Pink Genuine Scooter/moped.
- Friday, July 26, 2013, 8:30 p.m.: Honoapiʻilani Highway at Kahana Gateway Center. 1997 Blue Ford Explorer. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, July 21, 2013, 7 p.m.: Mākena Road at 1st entrance to Big Beach. 2008 Black SYM USA or Sanyang motorcycle/moped. VIN: RFGBS1AJ5ASFT3077.
- Thursday, July 25, 2013, 3 p.m.: Waimaluia Lane at Hale Makana o Waiʻale Office. 1994 Red Nissan Sentra. License: MAM899. VIN: 1N4EB32A2RC751237.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.