Maui News

Minor Damage in Kitchen Fire at Wendy’s Kahului

December 4, 2013, 9:17 AM HST
* Updated December 4, 9:19 AM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00
A
A
A

Wendy's Kahului. Photo by Wendy Osher.

Wendy’s Kahului. Photo by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

An early morning kitchen fire caused an estimated $500 in damage at the Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers restaurant in Kahului.

The incident was reported at 12:28 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013 at the Wendy’s restaurant located at 349 East Kamehameha Avenue.

Fire crews from Engine 10 out of Kahului arrived on scene to find a gas line connected to a stove involved in fire, according to department reports.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire within five minutes of arrival by utilizing a fire extinguisher, said Maui Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

According to Mainaga, the seven employees working at the time were evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters on scene.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD

No injuries were reported, and the fire was contained to the stove area.

Make the most of your Maui vacation with these top-rated activities: Maui Top 20: Maui Visitor & Tourism Information
E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App

Comments

This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments