Murder Mystery Dinner Theater Night Benefits MAPA
By Maui Now Staff
This Friday, March 28, is the Maui Academy of Performing Art’s 3rd annual Murder Mystery Party at the King Kamehameha Golf Club.
Promoters offer the following teaser: “Join James Bond, 008 at the party of the year. As you mix and mingle with wealthy dilettantes, media superstars and criminal masterminds, secrets will be revealed and a murder will take place. Use your best secret agent skills to solve the mystery … Or just sit back, sip your martini and watch the intrigue unfold around you.”
The accompanying dinner will be set up in stations around the room and features:
- Assorted maki sushi
- Classic Caesar and roasted garlic croutons
- Pepper-crusted New York steak with caramelized shallot au jus
- Sesame-crusted fresh mahimahi with mint beurre blanc
- Hearty vegetable and ricotta cheese lasagna
- Sautéed medley of zucchini and gold bar squash with julienned Ha’iku tomatoes
- Horseradish mashed potatoes
- Steamed white rice
- Fresh baked rolls
- Assorted premium pies
- Hawaiian Isle Kona coffee and flavored hot teas
In addition, guests are entitled to two complimentary drinks from the bar and parts of the centerpieces on the tables are edible (no, not flowers and sticks: nuts and themed candy).
The event runs from 6 to 10 p.m. and benefits MAPA’s Performing Arts Programs.
Tickets are $150 per person, $80 of which is tax-deductible.