Maui Hotel & Lodging Association Installs New Board
By Maui Now Staff
The Maui Hotel & Lodging Association installed its 2014-15 Board of Directors at their annual meeting held at the Fairmont Kea Lani on Monday, Sept. 15, 2014.
The newly installed board members include:
- Nane Aluli, The Mauian Hotel;
- Matt Bailey, Aston Hotels & Resorts;
- Tom Donovan, Grand Wailea;
- Tom Bell, Royal Lahaina Resort;
- Nancy Chaplick, Oceanic Time Warner Cable;
- Charles Head, Fairmont Kea Lani;
- Allan Farwell, Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa;
- Dawn Kane, Maui Condo and Home, LLC;
- Gregg Lundberg, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa;
- Gregg Nelson, Nāpili Kai Beach Resort;
- Angela Nolan, The Westin Kāʻanapali Ocean Resort Villas;
- Lisa Paulson, Maui Hotel & Lodging Association;
- Aaron Placourakis, Tri-Star Restaurant Group;
- Sharon Suzuki, Maui Electric Company;
- George Szigeti, Hawaiʻi Lodging & Tourism Association;
- Maynard Torchiana, Destination Resorts Hawaiʻi;
- Mike White, Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel; and
- Tetsuji Yamazaki, Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa.
Mayor Arakawa was on hand to perform the formal induction. Board members are representatives of hotel properties and allied businesses that are MHLA members.
The Maui Hotel & Lodging Association is a nonprofit organization founded in 1987 to advocate for the visitor industry.
The organization also provides educational opportunities and scholarships, and gives back to the community via their annual Visitor Industry Charity Walk, Excellence in Education golf tournament and Kupuna Dinner.