3.8 Hawaiʻi Island Earthquake, No Advisories
By Wendy Osher
There were no immediate advisories issued following a 3.8 magnitude earthquake reported at 5:39 a.m. HST on Monday, Nov. 10, 2014, near Kalaoa on the Big Island of Hawaiʻi.
The USGS reports that the quake occurred at a depth of 6.8 miles, and was located:
- 5 miles WNW of Kalaoa, Hawaiʻi;
- 8 miles NNW of Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi;
- 63 miles W of Hilo, Hawaiʻi;
- 158 miles W of Hawaiian Paradise Park, Hawaiʻi; and
- 159 miles SE of Honolulu, Hawaiʻi
The quake was felt across Hawaiʻi Island with the strongest response from the Kailua Kona and Kealakekua areas, according to the USGS Did You Feel It website.