California’s Groth Winery Featured at 5-Course Dinner
By Vanessa Wolf
This Saturday, November 15, the Makena Beach and Golf Resort hosts its monthly Winery of the Month Series in the resort’s Molokini Bar and Grill.
This month brings a five-course dinner paired with wines from Northern California’s family owned and operated Groth Vineyards and Winery of Northern California.
For the meal, Makena’s Chef De Cuisine Kurt Lesmerises presents “colorful dishes that blend fresh, light-tasting ingredients with bold and rich flavors.”
Dinner pairings include:
Feuilles de Brick Blue Crab Ragout with melted leeks, sautéed shitake mushrooms and lemon-thyme beurre blanc.
- 2013 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
- Grilled Peach Salad – grilled Oregon peaches, Kumu Farm’s organic mixed greens, Big Island feta and basil vinaigrette.
- 2012 Chardonnay, Hillview Vineyard, Napa Valley
- Cedar Wrapped North Pacific Salmon with local lemon, parsley and dill baked in cedar paper with calamansi and mint-infused couscous, white asparagus and hollandaise sauce.
- 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville
- Confit of Muscovy Duck – Muscovy duck leg slowly cooked with garlic and herbs in duck fat, served with wilted spinach, sautéed fingerling potatoes and a cognac-truffle reduction.
- 2010 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Oakville
- Ancho and Kona Coffee Braised Short Rib with wild mushroom pico de gallo, Molokai sweet potato, Kumu Farm’s organic corn and black bean hash with reduced braising liquid.
Red Wine Poached Pear – a Bartlett pear poached in red wine with mascarpone cheese and raspberry coulis.
Seating is limited, and reservations are required.
The event starts at 6:30 p.m., includes live entertainment and is $140 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
For reservations contact 808-875-5888.