Grand Wailea Hosts “Sip and Savor” Wine Event
By Vanessa Wolf
This Friday, November 21, the Grand Wailea presents “Sip and Savor,” a walk-around event featuring over 100 wines and five restaurant tasting tables.
In addition, proceeds benefit the Maui Culinary Academy.
The evening will feature cuisine by:
- Chef Mike Lafaro – Humuhumunukunukuapua’a at the Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Chef Chris Kulis – Capische?
- Chef Cameron Lewark – Spago at the Four Seasons Wailea
- Maui Culinary Academy
- Pastry Chef David Sutherland, Grand Wailea
Chambers and Chambers Wine Merchants presents an international array of wines and has arranged for the attendance of winery representatives, winemakers and owners from California, Oregon, Washington, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Argentina and New Zealand.
Over 100 different wines will be showcased, including:
- Alexana/Revana Winery, John Gabelhausen, President of Revana Portfolio
- Bonny Doon Vineyard, Keith Shulsky, Western Regional Sales Manager
- Charles Smith Wines, Misty Daniels, The Director- California, Hawaii and the Southwest
- Dalla Terra, Rupert Billins, Southwest Regional Manager
- Dashe Cellars, Michael Dashe, Owner/winemaker
- C&C Direct Import French Selections, Chambers & Chambers, Charles Fredy, VP Sales Director
- Grgich Hills Estate, Violet Grgich, Owner
- Jorge Ordonez, James Maher, Chambers and Chambers sales consultant
- Paul Hobbs Wines, Jenifer Freebairn, VP Sales & Marketing
- Ridge Vineyards, Eric Baugher, Assistant winemaker
- Sean Minor Wines, Sean Minor, Owner
- Shafer Vineyards, Andrew Wesson, Director of Sales
- Tricycle Wine Partners, Obsidian Ridge Vineyards/Poseidon Vineyards, Arpad Molnar, Owner/Partner
The event is from 6 to 9 p.m. and tickets are $85 per person.