Where to Thanksgiving
By Vanessa Wolfs
Ready to get your tryptophan on?
Next Thursday, November 27 is Thanksgiving.
This year there are a variety of Turkey Day options to suit your palate and budget including buffets, sit down prix fixe meals and even food for those in need.
Three’s Bar and Grill in Kihei is offering a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
The snackers and sports lovers may prefer to take in football games on (according to them) Maui’s largest screen in the Three’s Surf Lounge from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Note the happy hour menu will be available the entire time.
Meanwhile, the Thanksgiving menu is available starting at 5 p.m. and features:
- Roasted Turkey with Giblet Gravy
- Roasted Island Ham with Guava Jelly
- Portuguese Sausage Stuffing (traditional Thanksgiving stuffing filled with Portuguese sausage)
- Whipped Garlic Potatoes
- Corn on the Cob
- Upcountry Greens with Maui Onion Dressing
- Grilled Island Vegetables
- Fresh Baked Taro and Soft Rolls.
- Pumpkin Haupia Squares (Hawaiian coconut dessert infused with pumpkin)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Double Chocolate Brownies.
The dinner is offered at $29.95 for adults and half that for kids.
Call 808-879-3133 for reservations.
Aston Ka’anapali Shores Beach Club Restaurant
Meanwhile, on the west side of the island, the Aston Ka’anapali Shores Beach Club Restaurant offers a gourmet three-course Thanksgiving dinner with views of the Pacific Ocean and the nearby islands of Molokai and Lanai.
“Thanksgiving dinner at the Beach Club Restaurant & Bar gives friends and families time to enjoy each other’s company without the worry and hassle of planning and preparing a meal,” said Jessie Ibanez, Aston Kaanapali Shores Food and Beverage Director. “Thanksgiving Day should really be about spending quality time with family and friends.”
The meal begins with a choice of sweet corn chowder with potatoes and bacon or a balsamic marinated tomato and onion salad served with a light blue cheese vinaigrette dressing.
Diners then have the option of choosing from four entrees:
- Traditional roast turkey served with classic stuffing, giblet gravy and a homemade cranberry sauce
- Roast prime rib served with au jus, creamy horseradish and house potatoes
- Fresh baked ham served in a mustard pineapple glaze sauce
- “Pacific Grill” – shrimp and scallops grilled in a white wine sauce served with house potatoes and mixed vegetables.
End your Thanksgiving meal by choosing from
- Pumpkin pie
- Apple crumb cake topped with vanilla ice cream
- Beach Club Restaurant & Bar’s famous double chocolate cake.
Offered at $36.95 per person ($15.95 for children under 12), Thanksgiving dinner will be served from 4:30 to 9 p.m.
Reservations are recommended. Call 808-667-2211 to make yours.
Makena Beach & Golf Resort
Looking to get stuffed?
Makena Beach & Golf Resort’s annual Thanksgiving Day buffet has got you covered,
Held from 2 to 8 p.m. in the resort’s Molokini Bar & Grille, the meal includes a range of Thanksgiving staples and more, all presented on six themed food stations.
- Seafood Display with Pacific Northwest oysters on the half shell, tiger prawns and snow crab legs, fresh island sashimi and an assortment of island pokes
- Autumn Harvest station highlighting fresh island produce from Maui’s organic certified Kumu Farms with options like organic greens with passion and balsamic vinaigrette, grilled vegetable artichokes, tortellini salad and Molokai sweet potato salad.
- Holiday roast carving station with sage and thyme roasted whole turkey. honey ham and herb-crusted prime rib with au jus and fresh horseradish cream.
- Made-to-order sushi
- Seafood bouillabaisse action station
- Chef’s Selections station with BBQ ribs, cilantro and macadamia nut crusted island catch, prosciutto and truffle pecorino-stuffed roulade of chicken, or house-made kabocha squash and goat cheese ravioli.
- Dessert station with mini pumpkin pies, apple crumbles, pineapple rum colada bites, bread pudding with vanilla and caramel sauce, and white and dark chocolate mousse.
Makena’s Thanksgiving buffet is offered at $65 for adults and $35 for children ages 5-12.
Seating is limited, reservations are required and can be made by calling (808) 875-5888.
Lastly, for those in need, Hard Rock Cafe Maui will be hosting their 24th annual free Thanksgiving lunch for the homeless and hungry.
The free meal is available to all from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving day.
No reservations are needed and no one will be turned away.
Meanwhile, volunteers are needed to help greet, seat, serve and clear tables. If you’re interested, arrive at 10:30 a.m. and anticipate a brief meeting at 10:45 a.m. before things get rolling.