Selections from Top 100 Wines List Featured at Event
By Vanessa Wolf
Selections from Wine Spectator‘s famed Top 100 Wines list will be showcased at Makena Beach & Golf Resort’s latest Wine Education Series event this Thursday, January 8.
Young’s Market’s Master Sommelier Patrick Okubo returns to the monthly showcase with three of his personal selections.
Accompanied by a special food demonstration and paired tasting dishes by Makena’s Chef De Cuisine Kurt Lesmerises, the menu features:
- Ponzi “Tavola” Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2012
- Alii Mushroom Pizza – Wild local mushrooms with caramelized Maui onions, fontina and Kumu farms fresh rosemary
- Tikal Patriota 2012
- Smoked Ham with Cherry Glaze – Smoked spiral-sliced ham with pineapple and dried-cherry glaze
- Castello Di Volpaia Chianti Classico Riserva 2010
- Makena Beef Stew – A flavorful slow-cooked stew featuring tender beef, tomatoes, root vegetables and cannellini beans
Attendees can anticipate trying the wines and dishes as Chef Lesmerises provides a cooking demonstration and Okubo educates on the libations themselves.
Held in the resort’s Molokini Bar and Grill Restaurant, the event starts at 6:30 p.m. at a cost of $55 per person – plus tax and gratuity – and features live entertainment and free valet parking.
Reservations can be made by calling 808-874-1111.