Let the Sparks Fly on Lānaʻi
By Maui Now Staff
The Four Seasons Resort Lānaʻi at Manele Bay is offering engaging new experiences for newlyweds, honeymooners, couples renewing vows or celebrating an anniversary–and those who are simply seeking a relaxing escape.
The 90,000 acre island of Lānaʻi is the perfect backdrop for romance–the perfect venue for reconnecting and kindling the fires.
Just imagine–no stop lights, no fast-food chains, no malls–just a secluded island paradise nine miles from Maui offering a glimpse of Hawaiʻi as it used to be.
For an unforgettable marriage proposal, the Four Seasons Resorts Lānaʻi offers three new engaging experiences:
- Picture Perfect Take a stroll to Puʻu Pehe (Sweetheart Rock) next to Hulopoe Bay at sunset. Or, the 12th hole at Manele Golf Course offers jaw-dropping natural beauty setting the scene. To commemorate the event, local artist Mike Carroll will customise a watercolor or oil painting of the location with the couple’s names and date to mark the occasion.
- Love, Lānaʻi Style An epicurean experience lends a memorable element of surprise to this island-wide proposal. Begin at Alberta’s Farm, which supplies 65 percent of NOBU Lānaʻi’s produce. After the garden tour, enjoy a private sushi rolling class, sake tasting and lunch at NOBU along with cookbooks and aprons to take home. Capture the proposal and weekend together in a professional engagement photography session all across Lānaʻi.*
- Let the Sparks Fly For the ultimate unforgettable proposal, board a luxury Beneteau sailing yacht off Lānaʻi’s coast for an evening adventure and propose against a backdrop of shimmering light and stunning fireworks display. Custom-choreograph the light show to the courtship’s soundtrack, and then enjoy an intimate five-course dinner à deux at sea complete with wine pairings.*
Hawaiʻi Marriage Made In Heaven
No matter how large or small the ceremony, Lānaʻi offers a number of fantastic locations to exchange vows. The wedding team at Four Seasons Resorts Lānaʻi can assist with all aspects of planning–from ceremony paperwork, site locations, wedding packages and more.
- For a beach wedding, Hulopoe Beach, often named as one of Hawaiʻi’s most beautiful beaches, is an ideal place to tie the knot.
- For a more adventurous beginning, The Stables at Koele provide a more rustic backdrop, complete with pine trees, horses, rolling hills and breathtaking views.
- The Waterfall Gardens at Manele Bay offer magical music to accompany the ceremony, along with stunning botanical beauty.
- For celebrations to remember, incorporate a variety of locales, views and experiences. Welcome guests with a reception at the Lūau Gardens with an oceanfront view, exchange vows upcountry at Koele, and end the festivities with farewell brunch at VIEWS at Manele Golf Course or NOBU overlooking Manele Bay for a more contemporary ambiance.
- Sail away into the Hawaiian sunset for a journey filled with romance. Trilogy Excursion’s sailing catamaran will carry couples across the waters as the sun dips into the ocean, and light appetizers, cocktails and more make for a memorable evening.
- A table for two under the stars on a secluded oceanfront location overlooking Hulopoe Bay is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner. Enjoy a personalised five-course menu and wine pairing following a chef consultation. Watch the evening stars over dessert and coffee–the table is the couple’s for the evening.*
- Gallop away on horseback at The Stables at Koele. Guides will take couples on trails through scenic bluffs, forests, meadows and mountains. Catch a glimpse of Maui, Molokaʻi, Kahoʻolawe and maybe even Hawaiʻi Island during this romantic excursion.
- Off-road in a 4×4 from Dollar Lānaʻi to explore and enjoy the island. Pack a picnic lunch and head to Halepalaoa Beach (Club Lānaʻi) on the eastern side of the island. Named for the whales that frequent the area, this golden sandy beach offers privacy–a quiet place to relax, sunbathe and paddle.
*Dining Under the Stars pricing includes gratuities; taxes are not included. Love, Lānaʻi Style includes a one-hour photography session of proposal and a three-hour session on day two, travel and accommodations, cost of photographer from Maui, edited images in a USB drive, an online gallery, photo rights and private transportation to proposal site. Let Sparks Fly requires 45-day notice.