Five Maui County Seniors Receive Scholarships from WCA
By Maui Now Staff
Five Maui County seniors were awarded $22,000 in scholarships by the Wailea Community Association at a reception held in their honor at Tommy Bahamas Restaurant in The Shops at Wailea.
For the 14th year, WCA’s Community Relations Committee reviewed applications for the association’s annual scholarship program.
WCA offers financial assistance for college to Maui County high school seniors. Applicants undergo an extensive application process that includes academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, school-related awards, community service and an educational plan, career and personal goals statement.
“We are always impressed by the students and their families,” said Bud Pikrone, WCA general manager. “They all work together so well to provide this opportunity that will one day benefit the student, their family and the Maui community. We are humbled to help them achieve their goal.”
The 2015 Wailea Community Association scholarship recipients are:
- Dayna Aulani Domingo Asuncion, Maui High School, attending the University of Oregon in Eugene
- Chase Nakagawa, Kamehameha Schools Maui, attending the University of Portland
- Ro Ann Destinee Viloria, Maui High School, attending the University of California in Irvine
- Payton Wagner, Kīhei Charter School, attending the University of Washington
- Linda Tatofi, King Kekaulike High School, attending the University of Hawaiʻi Maui College