Maui Film Festival Kicks Off With ‘Taste of Summer’ Culinary Event
By Vanessa Wolf
The Maui Film Festival starts this week and opens with the Taste of Summer event.
Held this Wednesday, June 3, and followed by a screening of legendary Beach Boys’ musician Brian Wilson’s biopic LOVE & MERCY at the Celestial Cinema, the event offers plenty of opportunities to bust your buttons.
Summer-inspired dishes include a make-your-own island poke bar; a towering display of crab, oysters and sea vegetables, and passed hors d’oeuvre created by the chefs of the Grand Wailea.
Accompanied by handcrafted cocktails and live music by Ah-Tim, the official menu features:
- Grilled Flatbreads, Prosciutto, Humble Fog, and Wild Ramps
- Maui Company Burrata, Roasted Tomato, Fresh Picked Basil
- Hamachi Tartar, Grapefruit Ginger Jus
- Gremolata Kaffir Lime Crusted Ahi with a Sunchoke Puree
- Tako Carpaccio, Wasabi Sea beans
- Hawaiian Snapper Ceviche, Finger Lime
- Roasted Local Beets, Quinoa, Surfing Goat Feta
- Crispy Pork Belly with Kimchi Fried Rice
- Coconut Porter Short Rib, House-made Pickles, Hawaiian Sweet Roll
- Tomahawk Ribeye Carving Station
- Oyster Raw Bar / Poke Bar
A firm believer in eating dessert first?
You’re covered, as well, with:
- Lavender Scented Pineapple Saute served with Vanilla Chevre Ice Cream
- Coconut Rice Pudding; with Basil Syrup, Lilikoi Foam, Mango
- Panna Cotta; with Peach Gelee, Cherry Pearls
- White Chocolate Mousse; with Pistachio Cake, Raspberry
- Caramelita Chocolate Tart; with Exotic Banana Mousse
The Taste of Summer Event begins at 5 p.m. at the Grand Wailea Resort.
Tickets are $170 per person (until June 2) and include admission to Wednesday Night’s Celestial Cinema Double Feature.