Seven Kaiser Physicians on Maui Make ‘Best Doctors’ List
Over 100 Kaiser Permanente Hawaiʻi physicians have been named to the 2015 Best Doctors in America list by Best Doctors Inc., including seven on Maui.At 112, the number of KP providers named this year figure nearly doubles the number making the list last year. The physicians from Kaiser represent 33 diverse specialities and subspecialties, as well as primary care providers practicing internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics
Maui physicians include:
- Guy M. Sugino, MD, Maui Lani Medical Office (Family Medicine)
- Scott D. Hoskinson, MD, Maui Lani Medical Office (Infectious Disease)
- Michael E. Kim, MD, Wailuku Medical Office (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- M. Kathryn Edwards, MD, Wailuku Medical Office (Pediatrics)
- Laura K. Hassen, MD, Maui Lani Medical Office (Pediatrics)
- Mitchell A. Irwin, MD, Maui Lani Medical Office (Pediatrics)
- David M. Ulin, MD, Maui Lani Medical Office (Pediatrics)
Best Doctors Inc. is a global health solutions company founded by Harvard Medical School physicians. Only five percent of doctors in America earn this prestigious honor, decided by impartial peer review.
The list is the result of exhaustive polling of more than 40,000 physicians across the country.
“We are honored to see so many of our physicians who work at Kaiser Permanente Hawaiʻi named to the prestigious Best Doctors in America list,” said Geoffrey Sewell, MD, president and executive medical director of Hawai‘i Permanente Medical Group. “We thank our fellow physicians who have recognized their depth of expertise, leadership in technology and innovation, excellence in clinical care, and commitment to serving our patients.”
This year’s Kaiser Permanente honorees include primary care providers practicing in internal medicine, pediatrics and family medicine, as well as physicians practicing in 33 diverse specialties and subspecialties.