Fatal Industrial Accident: Worker Electrocuted at Resort in Waikoloa
By Maui Now Staff
A 34-year-old man died Wednesday, July 22, 2015 as the result of an industrial accident at a resort in Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaiʻi.
The man has since been identified as Aaron Barrett of Honokaʻa.
The incident was reported at 8:44 a.m. at a resort property located on the 69-400 block of Waikoloa Beach Drive, according to police reports.
South Kohala officers responding to the call learned that a subcontractor had been doing renovations at the resort when he suffered a fatal electric shock, police said.
The man was taken to North Hawaiʻi Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:40 a.m., police said.
An autopsy has been ordered to determine the exact cause of death.