Grammy Award-Winning Musician to Play Whale Trust Benefit Dinner
By Maui Now Staff
Next Saturday, August 15, a special benefit for Whale Trust Maui features a farm-to-table dinner, a silent auction and an intimate acoustic performance by Grammy Award winning musician, John Cruz.
Held under the stars at Lumeria Maui in Upcountry Makawao, Lumeria’s Chef Ben Diamond’s menu includes:
- Ahi Poke with Wonton Crisps
- Crudité Vegetables with Herb Hummus and Guacamole
- Cheese Platter with Marinated Olives and Baguette
- Kale Caesar with toasted sunflower seeds, cherry tomatoes and gluten-free croutons
- Roasted Multi-color carrots with parsley and olive oil
- Mixed Green Garden Salad with Orange Supremes, Avocado and creamy tahini vinaigrette
- Quinoa Millet Tabbouleh with Mint and Toasted Almonds
- Fresh Catch with Thai Basil and Lime Salsa Fresca
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple and chipotle aioli
- Assorted Cookies with Fruit Salad and Maple Coconut Cream
- Kombucha sponsored by Maui Kombucha
Silent auction items feature such treasures as hand-blown ocean inspired glass sculptures by artist Evan Schauss of Maui Blown Glass and a photo installation by National Geographic Award winning photographer and Whale Trust Maui co-founder, Flip Nicklin, as well as items and services from various local merchants.
The silent auction reception begins at 4:30 p.m., while the dinner starts at 6 p.m.
Live music, featuring opening act Sierra Carrère and followed by a performance by John Cruz, commences at 7:15 p.m.
The event is limited to 100 attendees and tickets are $125 per person.
All proceeds from the evening benefit Whale Trust Maui, a nonprofit organization dedicated to scientific research and public awareness of whales and their environment.
For more information, call 808-572-5700.