“Maui Calls” Event Menu Promises Boatload of Gourmet Delights
By Maui Now Staff
This Friday, August 14, attendees at the MACC’s 21st annual Maui Calls event would be well-advised to wear loose clothing and pace themselves.
The annual fundraiser typically features a nostalgic Hawaii theme and this year’s celebrates the boat days of old Hawaii.
In addition to live entertainment, silent auctions and wines poured from 22 vineyards across the globe, guests can look forward to the following menu items.
Cane & Canoe at Montage Kapalua Bay
- Hamachi, avocado mousse, rice crisp, macadamia nut crumble, cilantro and cabbage
- Kalua pork, poi polenta and lomi-lomi salad
Fat Daddy’s Smokehouse
- The Most Deviled Egg – Smoked truffle egg, local slaw
- Pulled Pork Toasted Ravioli – 14-hour kiawe-smoked pork and Southern mornay sauce
- Lobster and Kula Corn Chowder with green garlic, Haiku ghost chile oil
- Local Venison and mango tajine with naan bread, Big Island macadamia
- Smoked Ahi belly – Maui onion ponzu, green papaya and crispy bean threads
- Hula Grill’s Hawaiian Ceviche – fresh fish, lime, coconut milk, cucumber, cilantro and avocado on a crispy taro shell
- Kai Momona – yuzu, Hawaiian chili, celery ginger shave ice
- Fried Bao Bun – spicy beef, shiso, pea shoots
Joe’s Nuevo Latino
- Grilled Pineapple Salad – jicama, watercress, mojito vinaigrette
- Oxtail pozole – local radish, Hawaii chili and hominy
Ko at the Fairmont Kea Lani Maui
- Seared Ahi Salad with orange wasabi vinaigrette
- Tempura Ebi Musubi with spicy aioli tobiko and micro sushi
Leilani’ on the Beach
- Kauai Shrimp, Upcountry Meyer Lemon risotto, Maui Cheese Co.’s Haiku Reggianito
- Ni’i’hau Lam “Loco Moco,” sous vide Launiupoko egg, Maui onion gravy
Makena Beach & Golf Resort
- Kaffir Lime and Lemongrass-Braised Boneless Short Rib – Asian slaw, sauce natural and cilantro gremolata
- Kumu Farms Kale Salad with Fried Surfing Goat Dairy Goat Cheese, kabocha squash croutons, warm bacon dressing
- Kakuni – Ten-hour braised pork belly with rice congee, soy-scallion jus
- Okonomiyaki – Japanese savory pancake with bonito, cabbage, nori
- Lemongrass grilled prawn over O’o Farm salad
- Ono Nigiri wrapped in nori and wasabi with tamari sauce
Pulehu, an Italian Grill at The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Braised Kurabota Pork Cheek, grilled fennel and pancetta risotto, bloomed cherries
- Caprese, Simpli-Fresh baby heirloom tomatoes, basil mousse, fresh mozzarella, white balsamic, focaccia
Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar
- Cajun-seared Nairagi with Asian quinoa salad and yukke sauce
- Grilled Kalbi Steak Flatbread with kimchi, gorgonzola and spicy kochuchang aioli
Spago Four Seasons Maui
- Mala Farms Char Siu Pork with pineapple fried rice
- Kula Strawberry “Dry Ice” Cream with vanilla compressed strawberries
Three’s Bar & Grill
- Mango Habanero Glazed Wings, Vietnamese cantaloupe salad, maytag blue cheese, nam pla, creme fraiche
- Crispy Smoked Pork Belly, passion pomegranate drizzle, corn bread mochi, tomato dashi braised black eyed peas, pickled cherry peppers and onions, toasted peanuts, cilantro.
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar
- Tommy Bahama Island-Style Kampachi Poke
- Green Papaya Salad with poached shrimp
Those with a sweet tooth also have their choice of excess.
Four Seasons Resort
- Espresso Profiteroles with raspberry white chocolate gelato and mocha sauce
- Lilikoi Cream Tarts with strawberry compote and candied macadamia nuts
B3, a Beach Bunny Bakery
- Calamansi Mille Feuille with red berries in a port reduction
- Maui Vanilla Bean Brioche Donuts
The Maui Cookie Lady
- “Pineapple Lychee Passion Cookie” with lemon chocolate, rose hips, hibiscus flower, white tea and raw Maui sugar.
The event starts at 6 p.m. Full tables are sold out, but individual tickets are still available and range from $175-$500.