Celebrate National Rum Day August 16th with Tommy Bahama
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar celebrates National Rum Day on Sunday, August 16, 2015 with a couple of unique culinary recipes and a selection of signature cocktails in unexpected combinations.
In addition to the customary Piña Colada, Mojito and Daiquiri, Tommy Bahama’s “Rummelier” has developed more modern libations such as the Tiki Tonk, Chillax and a fresh take on the classic Bahama Mama.
- Tiki Tonk: Using fresh juices including passion fruit, lime and pineapple along with rum and blood orange liqueur, the Tiki Tonk is full of bold flavor and like no other rum concoction.
- Chillax: created in 2013 in honor of National Relaxation Day on Aug. 15, mixes flavor infused mango and vanilla rum with Coco Lopez, mango puree and freshly squeezed orange juice for a taste reminiscent of a Creamsicle making it perfect with rum or as a virgin cocktail.
- Bahama Mama: features a variety of sugarcane spirits, all carefully blended with fresh juices and produce to create a libation sure to transport you to your favorite tropical locale.
Rum isn’t just for drinking and Tommy Bahama goes from the bar to the barbeque with the following succulent options”
- Jerk Pork Tenderloin: Brined to perfection and served with pineapple rum sauce and mango salsa it’s a savory way to celebrate National Rum Day.
- Pina Colada cake: is a favorite among restaurant guests with a sweet tooth. This light cake is of full of texture and flavor with toasted coconut. It sits atop and along the side of this cake layered with white chocolate mousse and crushed pineapple. Each layer of cake is generously brushed with rum which provides flavor and keeps the cake moist.
Regardless of what the calendar dictates — National Rum Day or National Relaxation Day — Tommy Bahama embraces the island-lifestyle with refreshing flavors and a relaxed attitude to “Make Life One Long Weekend.”