County Grant Applications & Free Workshops Available
The County of Maui Department of Housing and Human Concerns, Grants Management Division, is seeking applications from qualified private nonprofit and for-profit organizations providing or planning to provide social welfare, youth services, alcohol and substance abuse, homelessness, youth centers and other public service programs within the county for grant funds for Fiscal Year 2017 and 2018.
The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2015.
Funding periods are from July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017, and July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018. Second-year funding is contingent upon successful first-year program performance (which includes the submission of required reports and data in a timely manner) and availability of funds.
Grant Fund Categories
- Affordable Rental Housing Program
- Health, Human Services and Education Program
- Social Services: Food, Shelter and Safety (solicited as Community Partnership Grants in previous years)
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Program
- Youth Centers and Program
- Early Childhood Program
- Animal Sheltering Program
- Must be a profit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Hawai‘i, or a nonprofit organization determined to be exempt from federal income tax by the Internal Revenue Service.
- In case of a nonprofit organization, have a governing board whose members have no material conflict of interest and serve without compensation.
- Have bylaws or policies which describe the manner in which business is conducted. Such bylaws or policies shall include provisions relating to nepotism and management potential conflict-of-interest situations.
- Be licensed and accredited in accordance with applicable requirements of federal, state and County governments, as necessary.
Due to a new application system, organizations that intend to submit a grant application are required to submit proposals online using the AMPLIFUND system. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required documents are uploaded to complete the grant application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Grant applications will be reviewed according to specifications of the Maui County Code (Chapter 3.36).
Applications are now available at www.mauicounty.gov/grants. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
Free Grant Application Workshops
- Nov. 16, 10 a.m.–noon and 2–4 p.m.: Maui Economic Opportunity Inc., 99 Mahalani St., Wailuku
- Nov. 17, 10 a.m.–noon: Queen Lili‘uokalani Children’s Center, 602 Maunaloa Hwy., Kaunakakai, Moloka‘i
- Nov. 19, 10 a.m.–noon: Lāna‘i Youth Center, 717 Fraser Ave., Lanai City
Space is limited at the workshops; pre-registration is required.
For more information or to register, contact the Grants Management Division at (808) 270-7807.
For general grants information, go online.