‘With Gratitude’ is Theme of Wailuku Town Party
Special thanks for their efforts in continuing the free, family events each month go to Alan Takitani, vendor coordinator; Kitty Yee, admin staffer; Sae Design for the posters and creativity; Ashley Takitani Leahy for event support; merchants and community groups.
Once again, the party will include food and sidewalk vendors, live music and entertainment.
- Omar & Rare Vibrations at the Maui Thing Stage
- Kalama Intermediate Ukulele Band, Banyan Tree Park, 6 .pm.
- Benny Uyetake, Banyan Tree Park, 6:30 p.m.
- DJ Cruz at Simply Soul, three-year anniversary with trunk sale
- Bloom Hair Parlor & Boutique grand opening with pūpū and drinks, plus giveaways
- NorthShore Art & Frame, Kohala Hawai‘i, whale season, oils
Art exhibit at Wailuku Coffee Company
- Pono Store opens for the holidays at the corner of Vineyard & Market streets
- Wailuku First Friday Surveys by St. Anthony High School students with the help of Councilmember Mike Victorino and his ‘ohana
- Shoe drive for Big Brothers Big Sisters at If the Shoe Fits
Wailuku Cam with Harry Eagar interviews
Beer & Wine garden to 9:30 p.m.
WiFi Wailuku invites attendees to enter its video contest. Submit a one-minute video about Wailuku by Nov. 30 for a chance to win a GoPro camera. Drop your entry off at Maui Thing Store, 7 N. Market St. in Wailuku or contact YukiLei Sugimura via email to enter.
For motorists, Market Street will be closed to through traffic beginning at 5:30 p.m. No cars will be permitted to park on the street and may be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking for the event at the facility’s lot near the Main/High Street intersection. Find the event with GPS by entering “Maui Thing, 7 North Market Street.”
Other town parties include:
- Second Friday – Lahaina
- Third Friday – Makawao
- Fourth Friday – Kīhei
- Fifth Friday will be celebrated on May 29 on Lānaʻi
For vendor information and to make reservations, contact coordinator Taktani at (808) 281 2801.
For more information on Wailuku First Friday, call (808) 878-1888.
See the poster above for more event details.