Free Cooking Demonstrations at Fustini’s in Wailea
Fustini’s Oils & Vinegars is hosting a series of cooking demonstrations and events during the month of December. The public is invited to attend the free events, at Fustini’s Oils & Vinegars in The Shops at Wailea. Here’s the schedule:
- December 12: Chef Preston, executive chef from Nalu’s Southshore Grill in Kihei will be the featured guest chef from 2 to 4 p.m. Fustini’s will be offering a free gift with purchase.
- December 16: Guest chefs Claire Stucklen with Doterra Oils and Kellee Houghtaling from Maui Pie will hold a demonstration before the WOW event from 4 to 6 p.m.
- December 20: Chef Majik from Aria Restaurant in Wailuku will be the featured guest chef from 2 to 4 p.m. The store will offer a free gift with purchase.
- December 24: Fustini’s will feature festive refreshments in the store all day and a free gift with purchase.
- January 1: Fustini’s will offer tasting surprises to begin the New Year.
“We are excited to share this special holiday season with the Maui community by inviting special chefs to demonstrate easy holiday creations, showing unique ways to incorporate Fustini’s oils and vinegars,” says Fustini’s store manager Jill Sullivan. “Fustini’s wants to make gift shopping stress-free. Guests will enjoy some of our most popular olive oil and balsamic vinegar pairings, such as our 18- year Balsamic and Tuscan Olive Oil, as well as learn how to use them at home for flavorful and nutritional salad dressings, marinades and sauces. With nearly 800 possible combinations, there truly is something for everyone.”
Fustini’s will validate parking for all attendees. The store is offering special gift packages in its holiday catalog.
Other developments include the new Fustini’s Pantry, offering products that complement oils and vinegars, including the new line of Fustini’s private-label tapenades, spreads and jam, as well as other items like pasta, honeys and salts. Fustini’s also has its own series of five cookbooks.
‘Fustini’ is an Italian word meaning ‘drums,’ referring to the stainless steel containers used to properly store olive oils and balsamic vinegars. In 2007, Fustini’s founder Jim Milligan opened his first oil and vinegar tasting room in Traverse City, Michigan. Three additional Michigan venues started up within three years, and The Shops at Wailea location opened its doors in fall.