Maui Non Profit Directors Association Seeks New Members
The Maui Non Profit Directors Association is seeking new members and inviting current members to renew their 2016 membership.
The association’s mission is to provide a recognized forum for nonprofit organizations to exchange personal and professional support, and to cultivate resources to benefit themselves, their organizations and the community of Maui.
To become an MNPD Association member, you must be:
- a paid executive director of a Maui nonprofit agency;
- or a deputy director next in line for the executive director post;
the top level paid administrator of your agency.
Reasons to become an MNPD Association member:
- Network with fellow Non-Profit Executive Directors.
- Regularly meet with Government Officials.
- Collaborate on projects important to your non-profit.
- Timely information on Federal, State & County policy.
- Topical Speakers and Seminars offered to members, agency staff and board members.
Meetings are held at the MEO Family Center at 99 Mahalani St. in Wailuku on the second Thursday of each month from 8 to 10 a.m. Networking begins at 8 a.m.; the meeting starts at 8:30 a.m.
Current officers are President Paul Tonnessen of the Friends of the Children’s Justice Center, Vice President Debbie Cabebe of Maui Economic Opportunity Inc., Treasurer Sherri Dodson of Habitat for Humanity Maui and Secretary Richard Carr of Habitat for Humanity Maui.
Board members are Immediate Past President Cesar Gaxiola of J.W. Cameron Center, Bevanne Bowers of Mediation Services of Maui, Caroline Kilhour of Hui No’eau and Laksmi Abraham of Maui United Way.
The Maui Non Profit Directors Association was established in 1989. Founding members are Gladys Baisa, president; Eric Murray, vice president; Audrey Rocha Reed, secretary; Alexandra Rexjer, treasurer; and Directors Roch Dancil and Bettye Williams.
The current membership consists of more than 50 nonprofit organizations.