Vendor Applications Accepted for 3rd Annual Made in Maui County Festival
The Mayor’s Office of Economic Development announced today that vendor applications and sponsorship forms are now available for the 3rd Annual Made in Maui County Festival.
Considered the largest product show in Maui County, the event will be held at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center in Kahului and will be open to the public on Friday, Nov. 4 and Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016.
The Festival is presented by the County of Maui, Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, and the Maui Chamber of Commerce.
In 2015, more than 10,000 residents and visitors attended the two-day event, which featured a Shoppers Preview and Buyers Preview and the Big Festival Day. A total of 140 vendors showcased a wide variety of made-in-Maui County products including foods, produce, art, crafts, jewelry, fashion, gifts, collectibles and more.
“The Made in Maui County Festival has become— in just two years— the premiere local products venue on the island,” said Mayor Alan Arakawa in a press release announcement. “It is a showcase of the hard work and creativity in our local community, and buyers from around the state and across the nation are getting word that this is the place to be if they want to see the best that Maui County has to offer. I look forward to 2016’s festival being bigger and better than ever.”
Local businesses who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply as a Product Vendor:
- Business must be based in Maui County (current GET license required)
- All product(s) offered for sale must be made, manufactured, grown and/or created in Maui County. Products may include source materials made/found in the State of Hawaiʻi.
- Must meet minimum of 51 percent “Made in Hawaii” product valuation.
Product Vendor Applications are available starting Feb. 8, 2016. The deadline for all applications is Tuesday, May 31, 2016. All applications will be reviewed between June 6 through July 8, and businesses will be notified of the Vendor Selection Committee’s decision on or before July 15, 2016. Approved product vendors will be required to attend a mandatory vendor training meeting.
Those interested in learning more about the event and/or who need assistance with their Made in Maui County Festival Product Vendor application are encouraged to attend one of the following upcoming informational sessions:
- Monday, Feb. 29, 1-2 p.m. at the Lahaina Civic Center in Lahaina (small meeting room);
- Wednesday, Mar. 9, 1-2 p.m. at MEDB’s Malcolm Center in Kīhei (1305 N. Holopono Street, Suite 5);
- Tuesday, Apr. 5, 1-2 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center in Kahului (in Maui Mall across from Pizza Hut); and
- Tuesday, Apr. 12, 1-2 p.m. at the Lānaʻi Community College.
- Sessions will also be held on Molokaʻi. Dates are subject to change.
- To attend any of these informational sessions, interested individuals are asked to RSVP by emailing [email protected] Participants should include their name along with the session they are interested in attending.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for companies wishing to show their support for Maui County’s entrepreneurs and their products while increasing visibility for their own business. Sponsor benefits include event promotions, visibility during the Festival, access to a private buyers’ preview event, program advertising and more.