Kīhei Charter School Earns 6-Year Accreditation
Kīhei Charter School announced today that it has earned a 6-year term of accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the accrediting body for all public schools, including charter schools.
The six-year term is the maximum term possible and school representatives say it reflects on the quality of the work being done at the Kīhei Charter School.
Executive Director John Colson spearheaded the construction of the self-study that served as the vehicle for the four-day visit from a team of educators from Hawaiʻi and California.
“I am extremely proud of our professional team and the work that has gone into developing a program of study that meets the needs of our increasingly diverse student body. We are pleased with this outcome; however, we know that we have much work to do to continue to improve the KCS experience,” said Colson.
“As Vice-chair of the Kīhei Charter School Governance Board and one of the Founders of KCS we could not be prouder of our Hawaiʻi Public Charter school,” said Gene Zarro.
“Through John Colson’s leadership and the efforts of the entire staff of KCS we were able to achieve the longest term of accreditation that is given to a school. We look forward to building on this success.”
Parent Information Sessions for Coming School Term have been scheduled to start later this month. Parent Information sessions for the upcoming school year are scheduled for Feb. 23-25 and March 1-3, 2016. Sessions dates are separated for parents of students in various grade levels and include the following:
- February 23: is for Elementary School students at 5 p.m. at the Līpoa Center, 41 East Līpoa Street.
- February 24: is for High School students and is at 5 p.m. and is at the HS at 300 Ohukai Rd #209.
- February 25: is for Middle School students and is at 5 p.m. at the Līpoa Center, 41 East Līpoa Street.
- March 1: is for Middle School students at 6 p.m. at the Līpoa Center, 41 East Līpoa Street.
- March 2: is for Elementary School students at 6 p.m. and is at Līpoa Center, 41 East Līpoa Street.
- March 3: is for High School students and is at 6 p.m. at 300 Ohukai Rd #209.
The Kīhei Charter School was established in 2001. The school’s mission is to conceptualize, organize and build innovative learning environments with custom designed educational programs that will prepare students for a satisfying and productive life in the 21st century.
For more information call (808) 875-0700 or visit the Kīhei Charter website.