Kula Community Meeting: The “County” Comes to Kula
The Kula Community Association will discuss county services at tonight’s meeting, scheduled to start at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 24, at the Kula Community Center.
Four newly appointed directors will clarify their plans, answer questions and listen to concerns. On hand will be:
- Parks and – Recreation Director Kaʻala Buenconsejo,
- Transportation Director Don Medeiros,
- Housing and Human Concerns Director Carol Reimann, and
- Environmental Management Director Stewart Stant.
- Also on the agenda will be a presentation from the Agriculture Working Group on the potential impact of proposed changes in the County’s property taxation of agricultural lands.
The bill, BF-70, will be an item on the County Council’s agenda on Feb. 29, and would eliminate the current “agriculture-use value” assessment, changing all agricultural lands to a “market value” assessment.