First Friday Wailuku Salutes America
The ￼Wailuku First Friday Town Party is coming up this week on July 1, from 6 to 9 p.m.
This month’s theme is “Wailuku Salutes America.”
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party on Market Street in Wailuku Town.
Guests can dine, groove with the live bands and take part in street festivities with friends and family.
Come down to Wailuku Town for a great time and help support the local community, economy and businesses.
Market Street will be closed from 5:30 p.m. Parking is free at the Maui Medical Group lot.
This month’s entertainment will include:
• Maui Thing celebrates eight years with a live acoustic set by Maoli on the Maui Thing Stage from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Na Ali‘i Big Band of King Kekaulike High Schhol with guest vocalist Sheryl Renee at Wailuku Banyan Tree Park from 6 to 7 p.m.
• Suey Jazz Orchestra with guest vocalist Sheryl Renee at Wailuku Banyan Tree Park from 7 to 8 p.m.
• Art show gallery opening for Maui photographer Tony Novak-Clifford at Wailuku Coffee Company
• Sneak Preview of Money Python’s Spamalot at ʻĪao Theater at 6:30, 7 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
• Cookie Corner cookie sale benefit for Maui High School Marching Band
• Get Up and Dance in ‘Īao Square from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Wa‘a Nui watercolors by Sean Baba at North Shore Art and frame from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Live music by Damien Awai, along with beer tasting in the Beer & Wine Garden from 5 to 9:30 p.m. (21 and over only)
• The Wailuku Cam with Harry Eager as host at Kama‘āina Loan & Cash for Gold and the eBay Story, 98 N. Market St.
• Wailuku now offers free WiFi through Kokua Wireless.
Wailuku restaurants will be open during the event, including Giannotto’s Pizza, 808 on Maui, Saigon Cafe, Saeng Thai, King’s BBQ, Uptown Chevron, Wailuku Coffee Company, Juan’s Kitchen, Vineyard Food Company, Minit Stop, Subway, Asian Star and Arias.
For more information, call Yuki Lei Sugimura at 878-1888.
For vendor information, email Alan Takatani at [email protected] or call him at (808) 281 2801.
Other town parties include:
• Second Friday – Lahaina
• Third Friday – Makawao
• Fourth Friday – Kīhei
• Fifth Friday will be celebrated on May 29 on Lānaʻi