Nominations Accepted for Maui Nonprofit Director’s Association Awards
The Maui Nonprofit Director’s Association is accepting nominations for three different community awards including a Community Business Award, a Humanitarian Award and an Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Director Award.
Descriptions of the awards are as follows:
Community Business Award: Nominate an outstanding business that supports nonprofits
· Evidence of financial support of philanthropic projects in Maui County
· Impact of the gift
· In-kind contributions to support a nonprofit
· Evidence of encouraging and motivating its employees to take leadership roles and serve on boards and participate in community activities
Humanitarian Award: Nominate an outstanding individual who freely gives of time talent and treasure
· Time, effort and financial commitment spent on philanthropic activities
· Evidence of success in stewardship, recruiting, and motivating others
Maui County’s Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Director: Nominate an outstanding Nonprofit Executive Director
· Improving programs and services
Nominees and winners will be announced at the MNPD’s Annual Legislative Pau Hana on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016 at 5 p.m. at the Hui Noʻeau Visual Arts Center in Makawao.
Nomination forms are due no later than Thursday, Sept. 1, 2016. Applications are available online. Completed applications can be mailed to, Maui Nonprofit Director’s Association, P.O. Box 1186 Puʻunēnē, HI 96784 or emailed to [email protected] For more information call Debbie Cabebe at (808) 249-2990.