Nominations Sought for Humanitarian, Non-Profit, Business Awards
The Maui Nonprofit Director’s Association announced that it is accepting nominations for the following awards:
Community Business Award
Nominate an outstanding business that supports nonprofits. The business should have the following:
- Evidence of financial support of philanthropic projects in Maui County
- Impact of the gift
- In-kind contributions to support a nonprofit
- Evidence of encouraging and motivating its employees to take leadership roles and serve on boards and participate in community activities
Nominate an outstanding individual who freely gives of time talent and treasure. Nominations should include:
- Time, effort and financial commitment spent on philanthropic activities
- Evidence of success in stewardship, recruiting, and motivating others
Maui County’s Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Director
Nominate an outstanding Nonprofit Executive Director. The individual should demonstration the following:
- Improving programs and services
Nominees and winners will be announced at the MNPD’s Annual Legislative Pau Hana event on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016 at 5 p.m. at the Hui Noʻeau Visual Arts Center in Makawao.
Nomination forms are due no later than Thursday, Sept. 1, 2016. Applications are available online at www.mauinonprofit.org. Completed applications can be mailed to, Maui Nonprofit Director’s Association, P.O. Box 1186 Puunene, HI 96784 or emailed to [email protected].