Weather Forces Rescheduling of Hāna Budget Meeting
Steady rain since Monday has forced the County to reschedule the Mayor’s Community Budget Meeting for Fiscal Year 2018 in the Hāna district of East Maui.
The meeting was to be held this evening (Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016) at Helene Hall at 5:30 p.m. The new date for the meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 4, also at 5:30 p.m. at Helene Hall.
The meeting was canceled after County officials learned that heavy rain had been coming down at more than an inch per hour and sometimes more, forcing State highways crews to clear downed trees and debris from Hāna Highway throughout the day and night.
Although the East Maui/Hāna meeting has been rescheduled, the schedule for the remaining budget meetings are unchanged. They include:
– Molokaʻi Budget Meeting, Monday, Sept. 19, 4 p.m. at the Mitchell Pauole Community Center
– Central Maui Budget Meeting, Wednesday, Sept. 21, 5:30 p.m. at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center
– South Maui Budget Meeting, Monday Sept. 26, 5:30 p.m. at the Kīhei Community Center
– Lānaʻi Budget Meeting, Tuesday, Sept. 27, 4 p.m., at the Lānaʻi Senior Center
– Upcountry Budget Meeting, Thursday, September 29, 5:30 p.m. at the Hannibal Tavares Community Center
– West Maui Budget Meeting, Monday, October 3, 5:30 p.m. at the Lahaina Civic Center
The Community Budget Meetings are held so that community members may express how they want their tax dollars spent. For more information about the FY 2018 Community Budget Meetings call the Mayor’s Budget Office at 270-7855 or email [email protected].