Wailuku First Friday: From the Heart, Feb. 3
The February 2017 edition of Wailuku First Friday takes place this Friday, Feb. 3, 2017. This free family event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Market Street. Admission is free and all are welcome.
- Luna OverDrive on the Maui Thing Stage from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Get Up and Dance with The Maui Boys at ʻĪao Plaza from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Jason Arcilla in the Beer Garden benefiting the Maui United Soccer Club from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Live Music under the Banyan Tree with the Gomega Trio from 6 to 9p.m.
- Dez-Man performing live at Area808 Designs from 6 to 9p.m.
Other WFF Highlights:
- Kohala Paintings & Fresh Prints for Whale Season at North Shore Art & Frame
- Live Painting by Noelani
- Art Show Opening Reception: Valentine’s Heart Art by Deybra Fair, Kelly Sullivan & Friends at Wailuku Coffee Company
- Wells Park Pop-Up Planning at ʻĪao Plaza
- HC&S Print Sales & A Hui Hou Merchandise All Proceeds for HC&S Displaced Workers
- View First Friday live on the wailuku cam courtesy of Kamaʻāina Loan & Cash for Gold
Parking/Street Closure Info:
Motorists are reminded that Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5:30 p.m. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at (808) 281-2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kamaʻāina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaiʻi Carpenters Union-Maui, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC.
Friday Town Parties are now celebrated every week, every month in different towns across Maui County.