Second Friday Maui Town Party in Lahaina, Feb. 10
Lahaina hosts its monthly Second Friday in Lahaina Town Party tonight, Friday, Feb. 10, 2017 from 6 to 9 p.m.
Friday Night is Art Night in Lahaina:
Campbell Park will feature the inaugural collection of 33 stories and poems by eight local authors, all members of Maui Writers Ink. Three of the stories have won prizes in LAC’s annual Maui Short Story competition.
Their book will be launched at Lahaina’s Second Friday Event beginning at 5 p.m., with many of the authors on hand to sign your purchases. Pick up an application for the 4th annual Maui Short Story Competition.
Concert in Campbell Park
5-7 p.m.: Maui Jam performing featuring hula and Hawaiian music
7-8 p.m.: Arlie Asiu performing traditional and contemporary music on the ʻukulele
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Leilani’s and Betty’s Beach Cafe work together to sponsor several West side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fund raise and the event supports the community. Campbell Park has local food from 5:30 to 8 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites the public to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause.
Nonprofit groups rotate but include: Waiola Church; the Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club- Sponsored by Leilani’s; Nā Kiʻa i O Waineʻe; and the Hawaiian Civic Club-Sponsored by Betty’s Beach Café. Also in the park, there will be Surf Dogs and Tropsicles.
Lahaina Art Galleries:
- Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pūpū and wine from 6-9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing by Sean Price. Special deals.
- Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
- DaKine Fine Art Studio & Gallery:
- Maui Hands Gallery: Featured artist 4:30 to 7:30pm.
- The Village Galleries: Featured art exhibition by Michael Clements Refreshments will be served
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Featured Artist. Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery. Serving Wine.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: Serving Wine and Pūpū’s.
- Kingwell Island Art: Jim Kingwell will be doing an art demo. Wine and pūpū’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Refreshments will be served.
- Contemporary Masters: Wine and Pūpū’s will be served.
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and Pūpū’s
- Vintage Posters: Wine and Pūpū’s and Poster Presentations.
- Diamond Head: Serving wine.
- Higgins Harte Gallery International: Wine and pūpū’s will be served.
- DeRubies Fine Art of Metal: Serving wine & deserts.
- Gallery Rafael: Rafael painting at gallery
- Gallery 505: Local Artist Dabo will be in the gallery.
- Christopher Egan Gallery: Live Music with Kiran Clark. Free gift with purchase, Serving wine.
- Kimo’s: Live music with Willie K 9 to 11 p.m. $5.00 cover charge. Pick up your Hula pie coupon at the Lahaina Visitor Center at Banyan Tree Park for free admission.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6-9 p.m.
- Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage with Uncle Lui William
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music Happy Hour 2-5 p.m. Johnny Ringo
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo 7-10:30 p.m.
Merchant, Restaurants & Foodie Specials:
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kamaʻāina discount.
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kamaʻāina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pūpū menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kamaʻāina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30-5:30 p.m.. Pūpū’s and drink specials with an ocean view
- Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9 p.m. on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 p.m., $5 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
- The Wharf Cinema Center
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kamaʻāina Discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kamaʻāina Discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2. Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Pad Thai: 15% off food only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% off food only
- Down The Hatch: “Fresh Squeezed Fridays”, featuring Handcrafted Cocktails by house craftsmen Rio & Bree 8-10pm. Followed by the “Official Art Walk After Party”! Happy hour 3-7 p.m.
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% Off Kamaʻāina Discount
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second
- Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a Complimentary screen print with purchase.
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 Off any Hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% Off Regular Priced Jewelry
- JC Chism: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off Regular Priced Items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% Off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% Off Jewelry; 10% Off Gift Items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with Purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% Discount on Select Item
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and Get 5th One Free
- Three D Gallery: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
The Outlets of Maui:
The Outlets of Maui is pleased to present monthly keiki hula shows every 2nd and 4th Fridays, 5-5:45 p.m. by Na Pua O Kapi`olani. All are invited to come and enjoy this performance. Renowned as the longest running weekly keiki hula show in the State, Nā Pua O Kapiʻolani performs traditional hula, Tahitian and a variety of dances from other Polynesian islands. Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the keiki performers sing, dance, chant and tell stories and songs of Polynesia.
Baldwin Home Museum:
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6-8:30 p.m. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson Streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.