Maui Discussion

Ask the Mayor: Where Can I Find a Map of Hotel-Designated Condos?

August 6, 2017, 5:01 PM HST
* Updated August 6, 5:13 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his staff.

Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column. Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa at [email protected], 270-7855 or mail them to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793.


Q: I am interested in finding the map of hotel-designated condos in the Wailea area of Maui. Can you direct me to the link? Thank you!

A: Since you didn’t specify why this information would be useful for you, it’s a little difficult to know how best to help you.


I can tell you that in Wailea many of the condos are actually zoned “apartment,” not hotel.


Originally, apartment zoning was grandfathered to allow hotel use. In the past few years, the Maui County Planning Department has changed apartment zoning to include hotel uses, thus, much of the hotel use in Kīhei is in the apartment zoning district.

If you need a physical map, you can contact our Real Property Assessment office for more information; however, there is not a separate web page or map that outlines the properties as you were hoping.

For general and contact information, visit and click on the left tab for “Real Property Assessment Division.”

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments